60+ Averett descendants of Matthew, David, Drury, Allen, Benjamin, Albright, William, and Henry have taken a DNA test and have uploaded their dna to gedmatch for more detailed analysis.
DNA testing has confirmed that Matthew, David, Drury, and Allen were all sons of John Averett who came to Georgia in 1769. Mary and Amy are probable daughters of John.
DNA testing has also confirmed that Benjamin William, and Albright Averett were related to John Averett but the exact relationship has not been determined yet. Circumstantial information suggests that Benjamin, John, William, and Archibald were brothers and that Albright was the son of Archibald.
DNA analysis suggests that Henry Averett was probably a grandson of John Averett. If you are an Averett descendant and have your dna on gedmatch.com and would like to be a part of the Averett group of researchers, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Averetts linked by ancestryDNA
- Averett DNA matches - box style
- John Averett's probable children Discussion of documentation and dna analysis for each: Mary, David, Matthew, Drury, Amy, Allen
- John Averett's possible children Discussion of each: Jeremiah, Benjamin, John
- Averett X dna
- Averett Y dna Project If you are an Averett male, by any surname spelling, we would like to have you join the project. Y dna testing is by Family Tree DNA.
- Knight connection